• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advantage or Grimco?

kyjoe340

I'm ready to buy a Latex printer, and the price is the same from each. If anyone has anything good to say about either I would like to hear about it.

omgsideburns

Advantage has really nice and resourceful people working tech support from what I've dealt with with my graphtec, gerber, and hp machines. Can't speak for grimco. (not a buyer, just a user)

HulkSmash

Both great companies. I made my decision based on who could install it the fastest, I bought mine from Proveer. Their tech is top notch, even gave me his cell number to call him anytime with ANY issues. But i love me some Grimco.

Last edited:

SignaramaFL

Grimco hands down.

Colorado not sure which branch you deal with, but the Miami does have in-house techs (at least for Mimaki) they helped me replace both the capping stating and the pump station so that I didn't have to call in a tech... they are very helpful!

Freese

I went with Grimco and was very very happy.

The tech that came in was insanely resourceful and friendly.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Both great companies. I made my decision based on who could install it the fastest, I bought mine from Proveer. Their tech is top notch, even gave me his cell number to call him anytime with ANY issues. I'm not sure about advantage, but i know grimco doesn't have a inhouse tech.. so it's all done through HP... Luckily for me proveers tech is based in denver!!

Did you go from Eco-sol to latex ink? If so...what do you think?

HulkSmash

Did you go from Eco-sol to latex ink? If so...what do you think?

I still have 2 true solvent printers. So i added the latex to that. In my opinion, solvents have a more glossy ink. But the dry off the printer print... is just so nice... hard to compete with. The quality is amazing too.

HulkSmash

Call Grimco, ask for Matt Dunn, he'll hook you up with the best deal.

If you use advantage talk to matt molenbeak (is that spelled right?)

iSign

advantage sign supply will be your best bet for reasons too numerous to mention. They are a merchant member here, and you will get incredible tech support service from them. They also provide tech support on software, so there will be times when trouble shooting involves issues that cross over between possible causes at the software level, or at the printer, or both... and Advantage will help you with all of the above. From a media standpoint, they have an extensive line up of media, as well as a handy media swatch book that they send updated pages for on a regular basis, as new media becomes available. They will also provide profiles, for this media. Additionally, they have a "Gold member program. If you buy enough media or ink from them, you will qualify for priority tech support scheduling.

Matt Molenbeek, is a member here, and an extremely knowledgable guy. He has been my go to guy for sales & support of all my digital printing equipment, software updates, & media for about 10 years now. He is hands down, the ideal sales person I have ever dealt with in this industry, without ever 'selling' he has always been right there in a prompt manner to resolve any issues, answer any questions, or direct me to proper tech support services.

I plan to pull the trigger on the same printer from Matt within the next week or so.

TheSnowman

Advantage customer here, wouldn't ever shop around. Doesn't mean there isn't a reason to, but I've had nothing but awesome service w/ them. Great people. Just wish I heard from my rep a little more often, but when I need to get him, he's there.

Freese

Speaking of tech support, Grimco is a huge help when troubleshooting software, hardware and even media issues.

I guess you can't go wrong either way, which isn't a bad thing!

Suz

Getting ready to purchase a machine, have gotten quotes in this order:
Grimco, Advantage, Nusign, and IRG Plotters. We are most interested in using either Nusign or IRG Plotters because both are very pleasant to work with so far and very willing to allow us to use a Technician that we find nearby. I like that!