• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advertising New Business

graphixstation

Hi
This maybe in the wrong section but am wondering how do use other sign makers advertise your business?? I know word of mouth is probably the best but I was thinking of doing a bit of advertising to get my name about?? What are your opinions??

advsign22

Besides word of mouth, I always like location, location, location. Having a shop that is located on a busy street always is a positive. If you are working out of your home, it might take a lot longer to build customers. I went from 6k one year to 170k sales the next year just by having a retail location.
Ken

legacyborn

I joined the chamber of commerce and simply went to every event they had for a couple of months. This has kept us fresh in the minds of other business people and has resulted in some major business. I have cut back on some of the events to make more time for other things but at this point I feel that even a small dedication to the chamber will continue these results.

signpro

Manager
word of mouth. other friends with businesses. any kind of trade show you can attend or any show at all that you can at least put up a small sign somewhere in good traffic areas.

but i agree, word of mouth, and following up with EVERY SINGLE LEAD you get.

Craig Sjoquist

... when I do my search for new work ...cold calling comes to mind.....
so whats your...portfoilo look like...???
how do you introduce yourself...????
what services you can afford to provide...??

these are questions I ask myself ..... soooo lately could afford a laptop ..to put my pictures on to show clients
making a 2sided post card to help introduce my work
next will be new embriodered shirts
saving cash to expand services with a purchase

but these things you re-look at all the time and go after

Pat Whatley

- Word of mouth
- Face to face/door to door contacts
- NEVER meet anyone without giving them a business card
- Direct mail flyers and postcards

Advertise on your vehicle, name phone number and mention 1 or 2 things you do. If its clean and attractive it draws positive attention. Have received many jobs from our vehicle advertising.

GregT

Word of mouth, driving my work vehicle, and having lots of business cards available.

ATXsigns

I've been bombing the trucks at Lowe's and Home Depot with a special postcard ad for tradesmen. Not many bites yet, but at least I'm in their face.