• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advertising on your signs

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Branding your sign is pretty important. It doesn't have to be obnoxious or even visible from more than an arms length away, but you should have it on there. When we used to do retail, my customers would thank me for a tiny phone number as it made it easy to reorder.

Just make sure you include it in any proofing you do.

Of course we can't do it as we are a trade printer, but we encourage all our customers to.

ams

Does your RIP do t
hat or do you setup the file to have it?

Set it up in your file. Add a 1" outline around your banner (1" away from the banner it's self) and put your logo, name, etc into that 1" strip. So when you fold it over for hemming, it's on the back side.

bfwaits

Thank you everyone for the replies. This is why i love this forum, so many great resources. I like the small print on the front that jsmoritz2000 did. I am going to include it in the proofs and leave it up to the customer. Maybe a discount when it is included. I too have seen the fast signs/betos tacos trucks around and I think it looks horrible. I have also seen several companies put there info 1"+ tall font on the front and find that looks poorly done. I like the idea of someone else coming in to a business and needing new signs, seeing my name and just ordering replacements from me, as this has happened with several car dealerships in the area. Used car dealers seem to be good for a new company name every few months.

Thanks Again.

2B

Does your RIP do that or do you setup the file to have it?

it is done in the design program, the designers have premade templates so it is a copy/paste onto the banner.
have your finished size and then add the info onto the fold over portion

Set it up in your file. Add a 1" outline around your banner (1" away from the banner it's self) and put your logo, name, etc into that 1" strip. So when you fold it over for hemming, it's on the back side.

this exactly

mmblarg

The only time we do that is if we donated part or all of the signs to the company that is having us produce them - even then it is a discussed decision between us and our client. We always leave a sticker (between 0.5 inch and 1 inch long) on the back of everything we produce, though. It's not for advertising, but for when the company needs more signs and forgot who they got them from.

bannertime

it is done in the design program, the designers have premade templates so it is a copy/paste onto the banner.
have your finished size and then add the info onto the fold over portion

I've done this for solid color banners, but what do you when it's not a solid color background?

Example: We get full size raster artwork from one of the local high schools for their team banners. We use the RIP to add a bleed with repeated color. I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to go individually apply bleeds and logos to 60 different banners anyway. I guess we could print 1in strips on matte adhesive. Answered my own question.

So what I'm saying is, there has to be a commercial RIP that will apply bleeds and allow us to put information on the folds? Right?

jbtwistmywords

I will have to look in OnyxRIP, but there might be a note section that can be printed just outside the edge of banner. And then maybe just cut it a little bigger on that side.

JB

letterman7

There was an ordinance adopted in our township (and Gino's too, probably) here in PA that refers to the Uniform Construction Code that requires all signage to have an "identification plate" for all signage produced. It's total bulls**t of course, but local code enforcement is starting to enforce to the letter of the ordinance. Which means, for every permitted sign I need to have some sort of identification on it with my information. Of course, they don't say what the plate is to be made of or what information it's supposed to contain...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There was an ordinance adopted in our township (and Gino's too, probably) here in PA that refers to the Uniform Construction Code that requires all signage to have an "identification plate" for all signage produced. It's total bulls**t of course, but local code enforcement is starting to enforce to the letter of the ordinance. Which means, for every permitted sign I need to have some sort of identification on it with my information. Of course, they don't say what the plate is to be made of or what information it's supposed to contain...

Haven't heard of it, but I guess I'll hafta look into this one. :thankyou: Does it pertain to anything installed vs. electrical or of a certain weight, height or unknown conditions ??

LowenCertified

Lowen has placed a small oval Lowen decal on every sign frame we have sold since the 1950's. It does not detract from our customer's brand image and we have zero complaints about the practice.

printhog

Back in the day, a union shop would print their local's bug on every sign made. Many union printers still do. Every shop I worked at required the shop name be on every sign we put out. My customers never balked at it. And it builds market awareness quickly. Several customers forgot where they got their signs and called off the bug. And since I've had other shops try to show my work as theirs I insist on the bug. If you make good designs you'll get known this way. If you're afraid to put your name to your work, then maybe it's time to hang up your sign shingle and open a subway.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

letterman7

Sorry, just logged back in Gino. Well, if your townships are following the IBC, every single sign has to be labeled, whether it's a small marketing sign or an illuminated pylon. Whether they will enforce it is another matter - I've run into two townships that have so far.