• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advertising using Facebook?

API

Anyone had any success using Facebook to promote or advertise their business? We get the vast majority of our business from referrals but seems like if you build a following on Facebook your name could spread quicker. Just wondering if the extra effort of updating a Facebook account is worth it?

Edna

If you our looking at selling a bunch of calvin peeing on things stickers it would be a grate place two advertise that.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We do not use it at all. I know plenty of places do though. Seems to me it's more oriented toward advertising to individuals which is not our target audience. Our target is businesses and government.

WildWestDesigns

Like so many things, it has the potential do very well, but it really amounts to how much effort you put into it.

It can hit both individuals, as well as, business it just depends on how they have "fan'ed" your page. The downside to them using their business page is that it does not go towards your fan count.

I think it's worth using as quite a lot of people do use Facebook and other social media to do things, so it's keeping up with the times. The one that started to be more B2B is/was LinkedIn, bu that has not had the same impact for me as Facebook. I think it started off with a nice niche, but hasn't fulfilled it (at least not in my situation).

API

We are kind of in the same boat. We are not targeting the individual either. Just noticed the other day, while setting up our account, that a lot of our existing customers have business accounts as well. Just not sure how much time to devote to updating our content. We are switching gears here and are starting to do things that in the past we turned away. Facebook seemed like an easy free way to inform our clients that we offer more. I put a link on our website but have not had many hits.

J Hill Designs

Individuals make up a business. If 'Mary Jones, Sr. Purchasing Agent, XXY, Inc.' happens on your facebook thing, if done right, will lead to her business contacting you.

WildWestDesigns

Just not sure how much time to devote to updating our content. We are switching gears here and are starting to do things that in the past we turned away. Facebook seemed like an easy free way to inform our clients that we offer more.

Facebook is an easy way to engage the end customer, as well as, keep the content fresh. Much easier then updated a website, unless you run a blog, but that has it's own can of worms. Mainly keeping everything current and relevant. Facebook allows you a little more lay way in how often you update versus a blog.

If you use a smart phone, even easier to update via Facebook.

Pat Whatley

If you do it make sure it's on a page set up for just your business, not your personal page. I dump "friends" any time they advertise to me.

IGD

I use a facebook business page, I love it, Although you do need to put some time into it but im a social person so it just comes natural to me, im constantly updating it all day and gaining new business and individuals from it, there are plenty of businesses that use it, trust me more than you think. Also twitter I use twitter as well, but you have to stay active in your accts or its not gonna work at all.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Facebook and Twitter both can help your business. But it all depends on how you use it. You need to advertise your Facebook or Twitter pages in other areas to let people know you can be found there. Such pages need to be updated regularly.

I've seen lots of different businesses go the Facebook and/or Twitter route mainly because it's very easy to do. The look is consistent and direct. And there's little if any compatibility headaches like you would get from building or updating a separate web site. For instance, lots of new movies from major Hollywood studios no longer have web pages. They just throw up a Facebook page and upload some things to YouTube.

IMHO, "web development" (what they're calling web site design these days) is a mess. Apple got the war against Flash started. While HTML5 is great in concept, its actual support in various web browsers is still incomplete and inconsistent. HTML5 support is worse on mobile devices, smart TVs, game consoles and various set top boxes. Add to this the need to know/learn Java and JQuery programming. With Flash, one could easily put together an animated slide show with little or no ActionScript coding. It takes a lot more time to put together something similar using Java, JQuery, Canvas, etc.

With all of that mess considered, using Facebook seems like a no nonsense idea.

IGD

also it's gonna take a while to see results, unless you pay for yours to stay shown on fb, which is like $10 a day or something, I maxed out in friends on my personal acct which was like 5k friends and I converted it over to a Business page and now you can just like the page and is kinda like your friend but its diff. you need to be a social guru for it too work right, its not for the person thats not a ppl person.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I actually started to put together a Facebook ad this weekend. Something came up and I didn't finish. Facebook sent me an email this morning with a code for $50 in free ads. So I guess I'll finish putting it together today.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
You can get get a campaign set up and target only specific individuals in your city and just pay for the likes. It is pretty cheap and will give some exposure because other people will see what that person liked.

OldPaint

i have 4 facebook pages other then my personal page. the good thing about having these is when i go to another business to make a bid or get work, i can direct them to my FACEBOOK PAGE to see the work i have done rather then carry a laptop or photo album with me. i also have the facebook pages on the back of my business card.
A SIGN MINT
POTTER JOE
LORING AIR FORCE BASE
TAi CHI yang style & CHI GONG Pensacola, fl
type in any of these and they are open to all to view and post.

signswi

Facebook ads have terrible sales conversion, focus your online ad spend in other areas. Facebook ads can be used to drive likes but that's top of funnel stuff that should be way down on your ad spend priorities.