• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advertising

Blazingsun

Just got a call from a company that is doing some " Koozie" for our local High School that will having the name of the school and there Mascot on it that will be sold at school events to help raise money for the kids, How I come into play is that we need to purchase them for the school and in return Our company logo is but on them also ( Advertising) plus for the school year we get sol rights to advertise at all the school events for the school year.

Cost to me is $229 which purchase's 100 of these "Koosie" and they are only selling 300 for the school year.

Has any one every done something like this for advertising? and is it worth it?

DarbySign

I got a phone call for something like that the other day. I felt like the salesperson was being sketchy, trying to mislead me into thinking she was from our local high school, when in fact she was with the company that sells the promo items. Especially the way she was acting like this was going to lead to some business from the school, and putting on the high pressure sales tactics. Stuff like that turns me off instantly.

Blazingsun

I got a phone call for something like that the other day. I felt like the salesperson was being sketchy, trying to mislead me into thinking she was from our local high school, when in fact she was with the company that sells the promo items. Especially the way she was acting like this was going to lead to some business from the school, and putting on the high pressure sales tactics. Stuff like that turns me off instantly.

I kinda figured she was from a company that is selling the promo Items for the school, because the area code of the call was 210 not 516.. I do have to say she wasn't to pressuring..

tcorn1965

Don't waste your money that is a classic telemarketing rip-off. Trust me I know, my niece used to do it. they are not affiliated with the school at all. Those people will tell you anything to make the sell, to get their commission.

Terry

Blazingsun

Just contacted the school, and they are unware of any such promos..

Good thing I told them I would have to get back to them.... now to contact the other two Local Business and tell them its a scam.. to watch out.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Koozie marketing will get you koozie clients... last time I saw someone using a koozie was around 10 years ago.

One of my principles of "Koozie Marketing" is this...
"If your jacket does not have your logo slapped on it, why slap it on a strangers can jacket"

Another "Koozie Marketing" principle... The pics below show the koozie dream... and the koozie reality....

All is not lost for "Koozie marketing", but the only example I know that I find attractive is "mock-eting"

http://www.draplin.com/merch/

Attachments

• kooziedream.jpg
    kooziedream.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 78
  • koozie reality.jpg
    koozie reality.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 68

Blazingsun

LOL... I get enough of them Now I don't need any more "KOOZIE" Clients..HAha

Although The second Pic looks like Me after a day dealing with the Koozie Clients..