• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advertix - ideas for a "logo"

No Name

I´m about to do some changes with my business and I need to have an other name/logo for the signmaking/advertising part of it. The name for this segment is Advertix and naturally I need to design a new layout for it.
I´m on the fence here.
Partly I´m leaning towards the look from Asterix (you know, the cartoon), partly trying to avoid it and make it modern and current. I would be very happy to hear/see some output on either and also some reasoning why.

Thank you.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
really?

Attachments

• Asterix2.jpg
    Asterix2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 267

No Name

Yes, really. Mostly because of the similarity of the words but partly because of the almightyness of Asterix. There is nothing he can't do, whatever you throw at him. Do u know Asterix in the US? He is huge here in europe.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, really. Mostly because of the similarity of the words but partly because of the almightyness of Asterix. There is nothing he can't do, whatever you throw at him. Do u know Asterix in the US? He is huge here in europe.

Hate to break this to you, but he's a cartoon. That's why he can do anything.

Now, I'm beginning to understand your logic.

No Name

"You know the cartoon" No, we don't know. Looks like a Viking Yosemite Sam.
I thought you didn't but Asterix is almost as big here as Donald Duck in the US. One of the biggest cartoon characters any way and everybody knows who he is.
So I thought I just use that familiarity of the word and look...

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
must be missing something in translation... that was bad....

Johnny Best

I thought you didn't but Asterix is almost as big here as Donald Duck in the US. One of the biggest cartoon characters any way and everybody knows who he is.
So I thought I just use that familiarity of the word and look...

So if you lived here you would call your business "Donald Duck Signs".

visual800

I would not recommend you link your logo to anything that resembles a cartoon. Be professional and stand out. Make your own. You do not have to "copy" similarities of something popular to gain interest. You are a grown man

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No. It is Advertix. You know what advert means? Or ad or advertising?

You're a bit odd proctor.

You go from needing help and throwing words at us, to then comparing yourself to a super hero cartoon, which is quite childish, to disecting words and their ancient meanings again and expect us to follow along ?? Why waste your time here ?? You're evidently far superior to us anyway.

Do you always think in English with Finn cartoons or are the words advertisng or advert the same in Finnish ??

And like mentioned, either grow up and stop acting like 6 years old..... or get real. Sheesh :banghead:

No Name

You go from needing help and throwing words at us, to then comparing yourself to a super hero cartoon, which is quite childish, to disecting words and their ancient meanings again and expect us to follow along ?? Why waste your time here ?? You're evidently far superior to us anyway.

Do you always think in English with Finn cartoons or are the words advertisng or advert the same in Finnish ??

And like mentioned, either grow up and stop acting like 6 years old..... or get real. Sheesh :banghead:

I´m very sorry to bother you, that will not happen again. I seem to be in a wrong place anyway because I´m more of an adman than a signmaker.

Marlene

you would have to check with the company that owns the image/cartoon as pretty sure they would not want you using any part of it to promote your business.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You probably don't hafta worry what he says or does any longer. I don't think this guy thought he fit in here based on this sentence......

I´m very sorry to bother you, that will not happen again. I seem to be in a wrong place anyway because I´m more of an adman than a signmaker.

:(