Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice About Head Dx4

Discussion in 'Roland' started by FALCON, Jul 31, 2019.

1. FALCON

FALCON Member

Mar 14, 2019
    United State
    Hi, what's the difference between Chinese and Japanese Epson DX4 heads? How do I know the difference between these two kind heads? Is there a sign I notice?

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    All DX4 print heads are exactly the same. All current model heads are manufactured in Japan. The DX4 is old enough though that it might have been manufactured in China at one point though. At the end of the day all DX4 heads are manufactured by Epson at the exact same standard so there is no difference. A DX4 head is a DX4 head.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FALCON

FALCON Member

Mar 14, 2019
    United State
    So don't they have the slightest difference? Because I heard from the serial number can be distinguished.

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    As far as I know there are no differences. According to Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki the head rank isn't a serial number but a voltage adjustment. I've always though it was a serial number though.

• Like Like x 1