• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice About Head Dx4

FALCON

Hi, what's the difference between Chinese and Japanese Epson DX4 heads? How do I know the difference between these two kind heads? Is there a sign I notice?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
All DX4 print heads are exactly the same. All current model heads are manufactured in Japan. The DX4 is old enough though that it might have been manufactured in China at one point though. At the end of the day all DX4 heads are manufactured by Epson at the exact same standard so there is no difference. A DX4 head is a DX4 head.

FALCON

So don't they have the slightest difference? Because I heard from the serial number can be distinguished.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So don't they have the slightest difference? Because I heard from the serial number can be distinguished.

As far as I know there are no differences. According to Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki the head rank isn't a serial number but a voltage adjustment. I've always though it was a serial number though.