• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice for HP latex 310

printndisplay

I am planning to start a new printing establishment for wall decors, canvas prints, stickers and decals,, quality of print matter to me especially for canvas and wall papers, is HP latex 310 with a Mutoh/Mimaki cutter would be a good option?

Heard HP latex give lots of headaches in print head and some other parts and machine not durable, is that right?

Jackpine

Summa D series or Graphtec CE series are excellent cutters. I still use a CE 3000 Mk2 24 inch cuts vinyl and contour cuts prints at least 14 years old. The Summa D75 3 contour cuts also.

astraios

I am planning to start a new printing establishment for wall decors, canvas prints, stickers and decals. Heard HP latex give lots of headaches in print head and some other parts and machine not durable, is that right?

Our experience:

• wall decors, canvas prints - excellent print quality, no problems;
  • stickers and decals - there is some (smaller) degree of vinyl distortion (smile effect) because of heat especially on economy vinyl. This can give you some headache when cutting so it is best that you go with a cutter with XY OPOS compensation like Summa
  • print-heads - we had magenta/yellow heads replaced under warranty 2 times.
  • durability - no problems so far. Weak points are plastic corner parts on spindle (360 has metal).

Keep in mind that 310 + HP take up reel is almost a same price as 330.

twmiller24

A known problem. There will be a firmware-upgrade shortly (during the first days of september) which should solve that.

Call HP tech support about this. Their techs have the firmware and will replace them. It is a serious issue that cost our company thousands, and HP hasn't been very proactive in addressing it.

FrankW

We had two release candidates in use during the last 4 - 5 weeks, and have equipped a few customers printers with that firmware. It really looks like that it works now.

That firmware upgrade could lead to little colour deviations, HP suggests reprofiling. After the firmware upgrade is done, the printer will do a printhead adjustment. The print quality can be lower than before for a few square meters, it is suggested to print a bigger area of pure red (100/100). MY-Heads with problems could be recovered after that, but not guaranteed.

dypinc

We had two release candidates in use during the last 4 - 5 weeks, and have equipped a few customers printers with that firmware. It really looks like that it works now.

That firmware upgrade could lead to little colour deviations, HP suggests reprofiling. After the firmware upgrade is done, the printer will do a printhead adjustment. The print quality can be lower than before for a few square meters, it is suggested to print a bigger area of pure red (100/100). MY-Heads with problems could be recovered after that, but not guaranteed.

So re-calibration is not enough?

printndisplay

Our experience:

• wall decors, canvas prints - excellent print quality, no problems;
  • stickers and decals - there is some (smaller) degree of vinyl distortion (smile effect) because of heat especially on economy vinyl. This can give you some headache when cutting so it is best that you go with a cutter with XY OPOS compensation like Summa
  • print-heads - we had magenta/yellow heads replaced under warranty 2 times.
  • durability - no problems so far. Weak points are plastic corner parts on spindle (360 has metal).

Keep in mind that 310 + HP take up reel is almost a same price as 330.

What is your first cut response about HP Latex 110?????

astraios

I am not expert on HP printers but to me seems like 110 and 310 are the same machine (even the weight of printers is the same). Main difference is that 110 is using 400 ml HP 821 Latex InkCartridges which i presume are more expensive per ml compared to HP 310 775 ml HP 831 Latex Ink Cartridges (print-heads are the same). You should calculate which solution is better for you but i am guessing that on the long run 310 will be more economical choice.

greysquirrel

I am planning to start a new printing establishment for wall decors, canvas prints, stickers and decals,, quality of print matter to me especially for canvas and wall papers, is HP latex 310 with a Mutoh/Mimaki cutter would be a good option?

Heard HP latex give lots of headaches in print head and some other parts and machine not durable, is that right?

The spindles on the 110 and 310 are similar to HP z series printers...thats the only part in my opinion that HP saved a few bucks...I prefer the spinles on the 330, 360 and 370. Maybe HP will make them available one day. Outside that the printer is solid.

printndisplay

The spindles on the 110 and 310 are similar to HP z series printers...thats the only part in my opinion that HP saved a few bucks...I prefer the spinles on the 330, 360 and 370. Maybe HP will make them available one day. Outside that the printer is solid.

Sorry i mean to ask the quality of print, versatility and color gamut? Epson claiming no one can beat on image quality of their Surecolor SC-S70600, is that right?