• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

advice for transporting a daytona/rastek style printer

artbot

i'm loading up a daytona H700 uv tomorrow on a trailer. i'll then be driving it 20 hours back to houston from indiana.

of course i'll be decommissioning the printer by taking out the heads, flushing the lines, locking the carriage, etc. and then
i'll be covering, cling wrapping and strapping the printer. i'll also be putting "training wheels" on the base to add to it's stability when
rolling it onto the trailer. so i'm going for overkill.

is there anything that someone familiar with this printer that's uncrated or moved one noticed in the packing that i might not think of?

SignManiac

Not familiar with that printer but it sounds like you have everything pretty well covered. No matter how well you prepare, expect to be stressed out for the entire twenty hour trip. I moved my HP FB900 3.6 miles and thought I was going to have a nervous break down :)

Nameci

i'm loading up a daytona H700 uv tomorrow on a trailer. i'll then be driving it 20 hours back to houston from indiana.

of course i'll be decommissioning the printer by taking out the heads, flushing the lines, locking the carriage, etc. and then
i'll be covering, cling wrapping and strapping the printer. i'll also be putting "training wheels" on the base to add to it's stability when
rolling it onto the trailer. so i'm going for overkill.

is there anything that someone familiar with this printer that's uncrated or moved one noticed in the packing that i might not think of?

You're good. Don't forget to empty out the waster ink tank. Its a vacuum cleaner inside the or below the printing platform.

artbot

that was rough. two straight days of driving 55 mph with a uhaul enclosed 6x12 (with the floor about to collapse from the weight. i added 2x2 3/4" plywood under each foot) rear door unclosed, printer sticking out the back. every bump and sway and jiggle was me holding my breath, clenching teeth, even my butt muscles were clinched for two straight days (tmi).

the printer was a very good deal. it came with enough spare parts to almost build a second printer.

but now, it's not over. ...how to get the beast out of the trailer. my wildest idea is to build a massive ramp to roll it through a large window at my house/studio. btw, the 33,000 state of the art facility i was putting together folded before we even finally got the shop set up. not one proprietary item was shipped. i went in with partners with a bit of anxiety and all my worst fears were realized. but then this is another thread. and i have yet to possibly sign confidentiality agreements so who knows how much of the truth i'll be "allowed" to tell.