Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on cutter...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by geek_riot, Jun 13, 2005.

1. geek_riot

geek_riot Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Well, there has been some sort of screwup with my Roland GX-24. It was delivered to the wrong address and rejected, so it is being sent back! I am quite frustrated at this point, as the company I purchased this from is at fault. So now the drawing board is wiped clean... I am open for any suggestions on a 24" cutter... SummaCut D60, or should I get the ROland GX-24, the Graphtec 24"...
    Thanks,
    you all rock!:U Rock:
    Kim

Tags:
  2. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Summa, Graphtec, Roland. Thats the order I would buy today. Got the Graphtec, great cutter.

3. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    I say Summa too, got ours ten years ago and wouldn't trade it for anything, except a new Summa.

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    For me, I'd probably buy a Graphtec FC7000-series (the new 5100) due to the reg mark sensor. The Summas, although great machines, seem over-priced in comparison. I'd also get LARGER than 24" if possible. I have the D60 and it is great, I do wish it was larger and had OPOS.

5. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    I would like to add the Panther Pro series which now has OPOS. Plus you can get a lot of suppliers with the machine at no additional cost.

6. seaviewsigns

seaviewsigns Member

Dec 7, 2004
    i have a Graphtec CE 3000-60.... would follow graphixtreme's advice if i were to buy one now. i'd like to have the registration feature now that i'm looking into printers, but i'm very happy with the Graphtec line.

7. Decal_Designs

Decal_Designs Member

May 10, 2003
    Fox Lake
    Bigger can be better, but not always necessary.
    If you're looking into a 24" cutter, I'd recommend the Summa D60. I did a lot of reading on most of the 24" cutter before I decided on the D60.

8. Leondo

Leondo Member

May 17, 2005
    I have a Master 24".... *runs from the rioting crowd*

[​IMG]

9. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    My vote is Summa, Graphtec, Roland in that order.

George

10. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    I would put Summa and Graphtec about the same and then Roland at the end... I currently have a D60 for the smaller stuff and I can cut 30 inch material with my Versacamm.

11. geek_riot

geek_riot Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Hello all, thanks for the advice. I went with the 24" Graphtec CE3000-60, and am planning on using it with Illustrator.

:)
    Kim