• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on mounting a 60" diameter HDU circular sign on a stucco wall?

MrTopgun21

I have a client who wants two circular signs made from 2" thick HDU foam, they'll be 60" in diameter. I have to mount them to a stucco faced wall. There are many existing wall anchors already put in the wall from previous tenants.
Paint and stucco are in excellent condition. What would your recommendations be?

I mainly deal in banners, wraps and interior wall art, so this is new territory for me, please be gentle. :wink:

Billct2

Yep, since there are already a lot of holes check them out, or drill one yourself to see.
Even though it's a circle I would probably use some clips mounted to the wall.
The other alternative would be studs

Chasez

I agree, need to check out the wall... if you can use the anchors in the wall already use them, I would make a Z clip and mount it to the existing anchors (if you can) and then attached one to the back of the sign... hang and bam your done, if you ever need to change it out its a quick change.

Chaz

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not knowing what the sign is gonna look like, granted, once you find out what you are going in to, I'd attach maybe a top and bottom french cleat, accordingly. That way, nothing will show through the face of the sign.

MrTopgun21

Thank you!

Thank you, you've all been very helpful. I'll look into the wall construction and possibly using a cleat or studs.

Happy Holidays!!!