Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on printer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by Miccio, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Miccio

Miccio New Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Ontario
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations on a decent vinyl printer?
    I am looking to spend about 5k Canadian for both a printer and plotter. I was going to go with a graphtec 24 inch plotter but not sure what printer to buy?

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Premium Subscriber

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    $5000 won't be enough unless you find a super deal on used equipment.

3. Miccio

Miccio New Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Ontario
    I hear ya, thanks. Maybe just go with the plotter first then. Any printers you can recommend?

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    depends upon what you want to print

• Like Like x 1
  5. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Europe
    No money, no knowledge, no business plan. Well I would advise you to get hired at a local sign shop, learn some stuff and find out what you can do and what clients do pay for. 5k is half the price of a professional grade entry lever printer.

6. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    With that money you really gotta get lucky, especially up here. There was a Mimaki JV33-160 going for $4,500 in Burgessville at the end of November, not sure if it's still there.

But you may want to get a cheap cutter and outsource printing till it makes sense to buy one.

There's lots of threads about people wanting to get into the business on here, I would do a search and read through those.

7. Miccio

Miccio New Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Ontario
    Thanks , I never said I wanted to open a business.? I was looking for opinion on lower cost printers if there isn't any that's great! I can actually do alot stuff with just a plotter for fun and income. I do work in a large sign shop in the public sector. The equipment I use is very expensive so I was looking for smaller scale stuff.

8. Miccio

Miccio New Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Ontario
    Thanks Dan, that's what I will probably do, look on local buy and sells for used equipment!