• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on printer

Miccio

I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations on a decent vinyl printer?
I am looking to spend about 5k Canadian for both a printer and plotter. I was going to go with a graphtec 24 inch plotter but not sure what printer to buy?

No money, no knowledge, no business plan. Well I would advise you to get hired at a local sign shop, learn some stuff and find out what you can do and what clients do pay for. 5k is half the price of a professional grade entry lever printer.

Dan360

With that money you really gotta get lucky, especially up here. There was a Mimaki JV33-160 going for $4,500 in Burgessville at the end of November, not sure if it's still there.

But you may want to get a cheap cutter and outsource printing till it makes sense to buy one.

There's lots of threads about people wanting to get into the business on here, I would do a search and read through those.

Miccio

Thanks , I never said I wanted to open a business.? I was looking for opinion on lower cost printers if there isn't any that's great! I can actually do alot stuff with just a plotter for fun and income. I do work in a large sign shop in the public sector. The equipment I use is very expensive so I was looking for smaller scale stuff.
No money, no knowledge, no business plan. Well I would advise you to get hired at a local sign shop, learn some stuff and find out what you can do and what clients do pay for. 5k is half the price of a professional grade entry lever printer.

Miccio

With that money you really gotta get lucky, especially up here. There was a Mimaki JV33-160 going for $4,500 in Burgessville at the end of November, not sure if it's still there.

But you may want to get a cheap cutter and outsource printing till it makes sense to buy one.

There's lots of threads about people wanting to get into the business on here, I would do a search and read through those.

Thanks Dan, that's what I will probably do, look on local buy and sells for used equipment!