• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on Prismatic Lettering

MODCreations

Hi I would like to get some help and understanding on this type of Lettering font style:

What goes good with it like other type fonts (Script etc)?

What color combo's go good with this font?

is it better to us this type font for just short forms like MB or full names?

Thanks and I have seen some books on them and are going to them just wanted some opinions

SignosaurusRex

Prismatic lettering is or can be an extremely versatile form of font manipulation. In my opinion, use of prismatic fonts work best when initiated by someone with a good understanding of light and shade, color, and design foundation. Prismatic fonts can be used to create the illusion of a raised beveled look or a carved relief look. Experimenting with these font forms combined with color distribution, outlines, inlines, shades etc., will reveal to you ( by purpose or accident with each experiment) the magic of prismatic lettering whether its a vinyl, painted or actually dimensional form. :thumb: Have fun! thats what its all about.

cdiesel

Like rex said, play with it a bit. I tend to like prismatics more when two shades of the same color are used to create more of a 3d look, rather than two completely different colors.

SignosaurusRex

Like rex said, play with it a bit. I tend to like prismatics more when two shades of the same color are used to create more of a 3d look, rather than two completely different colors.

The key is to play with it "a bit", otherwise, you might like it too much and never quit! LOL
:wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi::wine-smi: