• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on Roland xc540 problem

jason91

ok, one side of my print magenta head completely dropped out... i didnt realize it but the cartridge ran out of ink... i replaced ink, ran countless powerful cleans, sucked ink thru the cap top with a syringe many times. it appears the line going to the damper is full??? i even pulled off the damper off the head took the damper off the line and sucked ink to the end of the line with a syringe, put line back on damper and damper back on the head and tried to pull thru the cap top still nothing? any ideas what i could do?

JulieS

We started having this problem at maybe 12 years of printer age. Happened multiple times with different heads, just one side would totally drop out. Our very experienced repair person was never able to figure out why. Multiple parts replaced. The only thing we could do in each instance was replace the print head. Since it didn't happen extremely frequently, we just kept replacing print heads until we finally decided it was time for a new Roland. Sorry for the downer answer! Hope somebody else has actually figured out a good answer!

Joe House

Try putting a new damper on. There are screens in the dampers that can get clogged.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As mentioned above, try a new damper. If that doesn't so the trick and you know ink is flowing properly, it's probably a failing head and\or head board. When you change the damper, make sure to take a look at the manifold first. Use a bright light so it's easier to see any cracks or damage. A damaged manifold will also cause only one side to drop out.