• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

advice on summa S140-T series

nbrand129

Hello, all-

I work for a state agency, and we're considering adding a Summa S140-T to our sign shop. I need it almost exclusively to cut high-intensity reflective and diamond-grade vinyl.

The literature I have says the machine will do it. Is there anyone that can give me some feedback on their experience with this plotter - good or bad? Thanks!

steve Simpson

Good Choice...

I have the S160 T and it is perfect for this....I am very happy with the T-series. I cut printed reflective even after lamination and still get great results. I deal with Mark and Drew at Summa and have been a long time user of Summa cutters.:thumb:
You also can't go wrong with the life time tech support!

Speeddm

I have the S75 T-series. And I have to tell you you will not finde a better cutter out there. It will work well.

Letterbox Mike

It's probably one of the few machines that actually will do that without breaking a sweat. Summas a pricey but worth every penny, especially if you're cutting nasty vinyl like engineering grade reflective.

glemmestad

And if you ever need to cut small details, with intricate cutouts, there is no substitute. We had to change out our dragknife cutter (Roland) to the tangential Summa to be able to get great results ("ok" was just not good enough).

PS: We have a 140T.