• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

advice or tips on registering front back vinyl mounting to gator?

Jorgo

Hello -

I'm trying to keep a job in-house on the equipment we have by printing (hp z6200) and mounting (RS 54" single sided only) to both sides of gatorbaord. we'll then cut on our zund (yr2008 L3000cv). This particular job needs vinyl because the tall graphic gets cut in half (well, almost - as the cut goes through one side of the vinyl and gator but doesn't cut the bottom layer of vinyl, this creates a "hinge" that allows it to fold in two for shipping, then when it's taken out and unfolded, we have two 10" clear C channel extrusions that slip on the edges and hold it vertical. we need to make 200 pieces.

I assume the best I can hope for is to print two up on 50" paper with the registration marks for the cutter and a 4x8 outline, roll to roll (with a lot of bleed and as much area between the trim and live elements as possible), and mount to one side then do my best to align each backside print to the boards using the outline, trying to make sure i feed the board leading edge so they are as close to the outline as possible and setting the guides on the edges to ensure they're square as possible.

Thank you very much for any advice you can spare, and really, just for taking the time if you've read this far.

Jorgo