• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice please on SUMMA

rjssigns

Just make sure it runs before you commit. Otherwise they are as breakage prone as an anvil. We have tried our best to wear out our D610. It insists on running.LOL There has literally been miles put through it. Load 50 yard roll and go to dinner. No worries save for having to weed 50 yards of cut vinyl.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Just make sure it runs before you commit.

+1. If I remember right it is a tangential cutting machine. I would take a roll of vinyl and check out the cutting. Run thru the screen menu and make sure that the display looks good.

Also when you load the material that it feeds straight, and listen for any odd sounds when it does load the material. Once it's ready to cut, feed the material thru manually, just to make sure the rollers don't have any flat spots, or the roller bar is slightly bent.

As far as the software to run it you can download the latest version online... If you do buy it.

I have a 24" D60 and it's been a tank. I actually bought my summa because I had bought a 48" tangential machine at a company that I had worked at years prior.

Split76

I have had 4 different summa cutters in last 14 years, and have had only one breakdown.. x or y axis overflow (i don't remember which) but i ordered new motor and we changed it ourselves the next day and it has been working since..

DizzyMarkus

thanks guys-- It would seem the perfect fit for what I need to do with it--- I'll have to see if I can talk himdown from 750 :0)

Thanks a ton,
Markus

Gene@mpls

We bought this same plotter 18 years ago and it still cuts great. After 10years of hard use we bought a second one (T750 SL) as a spare and soon had both running side by
side. Both great cutters... the former is serial/parallel and the SL version added USB connection. I cannot imagine how much vinyl has gone thru them. Gene