• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ADVICE

BobM

Look at chrispye-woodcarving.com for online carving lesions. $8 to$10 per month depending the exchange rate. Full of everything you need to carve from sharping to master woodcarver instructions.

signguy 55

Let me try again. I am looking for advice on buying a vinyl cutter there are a lot to choose from .i am looking to make wooden signs so which cutter would best suet that.

Do you have the slightest idea how signs are made? The term "wooden signs" as mentioned by others here can cover dozens of options.
Yes, there are a lot of vinyl cutters, hope you find one to "suet" you. You could start with a Cricut and work your way up.

Just a thought, you could pounce and hand cut the stencil. That's the way it was done for many years, using layers of duct tape as a stencil. If you're willing to do that it proves you're serious about the sign business.

Kind of reminds me of a customer I had about 10 years ago that got me to letter his race cars for a few years. Finally he told me he was going to go to Texas and buy "one of them wrap machines"!!!! I still laugh when I think about that now. Evidently he thought you just park the car and it goes around and wraps it.

GoodPeopleFlags

For just cutting vinyl stencils, USCutter has some cheap options around $300 and includes software (albeit crappy) to run it. I wouldn't use one run a sign shop but for stencils, it would work.

sardocs

Thanks, Billyboy. If you're interested I have a few more pics on my website, tomsigns.com , under the "dimensional" headings. But I haven't updated the site in probably 6 years. I used to do quite a bit of blasting, but I gave it up in favour of hand routing the designs if the text isn't too small.

Joe Crumley Jr.

Thanks, Billyboy. If you're interested I have a few more pics on my website, tomsigns.com , under the "dimensional" headings. But I haven't updated the site in probably 6 years. I used to do quite a bit of blasting, but I gave it up in favour of hand routing the designs if the text isn't too small.