• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice

Cdmdesign

I have a Mimaki jv3-160sp and I am running it on 2020 ink. I had a cartridge not register as empty and in addition... was on vacation. I tried to talk my husband through a print job and he moved and left the print head assembly off the capping station for several hours. No surprise the heads weren't firing when I got home. after many nozzle washes I got all but the black back up and working. I have done just about everything I could think of to clean the print head. Even taking it out and soaking/cleaning it by hand. NOTHING. Also noticed dry ink in the black line coming from the capping station to the waste. Is there anything else I can do or is it just time to give up and buy a new print head. :( If so do I need to replace the waste lines as well since there is dry in in them?
Thanks in advance!

WestbankKurt

soaking

I have one of those as well and soaking overnight did something for a dried up head. I have heard of using a syringe to force cleaning solution through the head. Good luck! Keep us posted.

xanderortiz

Do you have that cleaning solution that came with the printer? That stuff eats the paint and varnish off metal in seconds. I really can't see how that wouldn't help you if you used it.

Cdmdesign

I soaked it for a few hours. I guess I will pull it back out and soak it overnight. I was hoping to see ANY improvement. I was able to draw ink from the damper but was not able to draw ink from the capping station. This would mean no ink coming through the print head correct? What about the dry ink in the lines under the capping station?

Robert M

Drain line

Locate the black line that is coming from the capping station to the pump, put a syringe on it and try to draw ink down. If it is clogged press on the line and see if there is a blockage from dried ink. if you pull down ink and air mixed together you may need a new capping station.

Cdmdesign

I removed the line from the capping station and completely cleaned it of all dried ink inside. There was quite a bit. I have now put it all back together and I'm doing another nozzle wash and ink fill up. I'm praying this works. I was able to pull ink from the dampers so I know there is not a blockage from the cartridge to the damper. I just can't get ink to go through the print head. Not a drop of black ink in the capping station. If this doesn't work I saw that someone soaked their print head in acetone to clean an ink blockage. Has anyone tried this? That is the only thing left to try before breaking out the pocket book and purchasing a new print head.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Does the capping station hold liquid? Disway wash, then put flush in the captops and the pumps should cycle and drain it out. If it does not drain out then your clog is either in the capping tops, the tubes between the tops and the pumps, the pumps, or the tube between the pumps and the waste bottle.

Cdmdesign

I have cleaned the tubing from the capping station. I am now cleaning the pump tubing that goes from the metal piece through the pump and into the waste bottle. Not an easy task... wish I would have stocked up on some tubing. :) I'll let you know how it goes. Praying this will do the trick because it is definitely clogged.

4R Graphics

Not sure if you got it fixed or not but try using a syrienge and some of the pump tubing and push flush through the head just dont over do the pressure. I had a JV3 and use to do this all the time for missing nozzles. The key is to put enough pressure to get the fluid to come through the head but not blow out the head. When you force the flush through the head look under the head and watch the flush coming out you want it to come out harder than drizzle but not like a pressure washer. you will see lines of fluid from ever nozzle that is not clogged press just hard enough to get a thin wall of fluid. check youtube for the head doctor you will see a video of the fluid coming through the head at the right stream pressure (the head doctor is a machine that basically does the same thing as what i am telling you to do here with a syrienge).

Just dont over do the pressure or it will be new head time.

Oh and dont use straight acetone it can eat the flex material inside the head.
Do a search on the forum artbot posted a thing on making your own flush you use acetone but its only 1/5 of the mixture so you could take some of your OEM flush and add a little acetone to make it stronger but not straight acetone.

Please realize I have no experience with the acetone stuff so your on your own if something goes wrong I wont be held responsible.

idrees

I have a Mimaki jv3-160sp and I am running it on 2020 ink. I had a cartridge not register as empty and in addition... was on vacation. I tried to talk my husband through a print job and he moved and left the print head assembly off the capping station for several hours. No surprise the heads weren't firing when I got home. after many nozzle washes I got all but the black back up and working. I have done just about everything I could think of to clean the print head. Even taking it out and soaking/cleaning it by hand. NOTHING. Also noticed dry ink in the black line coming from the capping station to the waste. Is there anything else I can do or is it just time to give up and buy a new print head. :( If so do I need to replace the waste lines as well since there is dry in in them?
Thanks in advance!

On the back side, where pumps are located one pipe is going inside the pump and one coming out from each colour pumps, While the heads are on capping station, remove the pipe of black colour, going in to the pump, and suck the ink from a syringe. Keep doing this until black ink starts filling the ink in syringe. this will make a flow black ink.. Hope this will work..

Cdmdesign

OK guys, next question... I removed the tubing from the pump and let it soak over the weekend. This morning I was able to clear the clog. Now... I can't figure out how to get the tubing back into the pump. Any suggestions?