• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advise PLEASE. I NEED TO SLICE the material that the vinyl sticks to.

kevin3vd1

Advise needed on how to "CUT Vinyl BACKING".
Basically want to cut through the material that the vinyl sticks to.
I want to cut only the backing ONLY.
It's for preprinted decals. Just to make it easy for customer to apply the decal. I'd Like to remove half of the backing material and stick that half down and then remove the second half of the backing and apply the last half.
ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED~
THANKS!~

mtroup

I don't remember the thread but there is a tool that someone posted about that is a precision razor blade basically.. it allows you to set the the precise cutting depth and will cut only the backing paper.. hopefully someone else remembers it and will chime in as well.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here is a link to info on the Akukut device that was discussed in a previous thread. The company that makes it is:

Tobias Associates, Inc.,
50 Industrial Drive,
PO Box 2699
Ivyland, PA 18974 USA
Phone 215-322-1500 / Fax +1 215-322-1504

petrosgraphics

i have had good luck peeling back the backing sheet to a point where you wish to stop

and tearing the backing sheet downward away from the vinyl. you get a pretty clean

tear and the waxy backing will always face the vinyl .. i have used this method for

years, doing dry applications.....