• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

aerial photo of 287 North damage from Hurricane Irene

petepaz

my shop is about 15 min from there. i actually drive through that area to come to work (started going a different route) but that part of 287 boonton area, wayne, fairfield, little falls, totowa and a few others ...real bad. i have a bunch of customers that can't go to work. the national guard closed off some of the areas and only letting people who live there go through, checking id's

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Yea, Denville got hit really hard. I would guess 60% of Denville was under 1 to 2 feet of water from the river. I actually live on the other side of the Jersey City reservoir that this river feeds into and it is a night mare with traffic because of all of this. The Lake Hiawatha section of Parsippany was under a mandatory evacuation because they had to release flood waters from the Dam to relieve pressure on it. The water came over the 5' tall flood wall that was installed in the 80s. RT 46 in Parsippany was still closed this morning because it is under water. Hopefully it starts to go down soon.