• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Affinity and Summa cutter´s

INPrint

How does Summa (GoSumma plugin for adobe) software go along with Affinity?
I am looking in to this and considering switching from Adobe to Affinity for my signs, print and cloth profiling company.

Pros - Cons?

Experiences?

FrankW

There is no Affinity Plugin for Summa GoSign. There are Plugins for Coreldraw, Illustrator or Inkscape only. But of course it is no problem to save files out of affinity which can be processed with GoSign.

INPrint

There is no Affinity Plugin for Summa GoSign. There are Plugins for Coreldraw, Illustrator or Inkscape only. But of course it is no problem to save files out of affinity which can be processed with GoSign.
Would you recommend any of those other softwares above Adobe?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If print equipment Mfgrs would partner up with Affinity for plugin support too, it would be game-over for Adobe.
I've been using Affinity exclusively for designing for a few years now, send files right to rip from it, the ONLY issue is cutting. Currently I only have one license for one copy of Illustrator left, on one computer, just for those plugins & dumped everything else with the Adobe name on it. Paying just for that, instead of the full creative suite on multiple computers saves us thousands annually. It's not much more to keep one copy of Illustrator than it is to pay for a some of the better 3rd party cut software, plus you always have it if you need it for oddball customer submitted files, and get their fonts.

ProColorGraphics

If print equipment Mfgrs would partner up with Affinity for plugin support too, it would be game-over for Adobe.
I've been using Affinity exclusively for designing for a few years now, send files right to rip from it, the ONLY issue is cutting. Currently I only have one license for one copy of Illustrator left, on one computer, just for those plugins & dumped everything else with the Adobe name on it. Paying just for that, instead of the full creative suite on multiple computers saves us thousands annually. It's not much more to keep one copy of Illustrator than it is to pay for a some of the better 3rd party cut software, plus you always have it if you need it for oddball customer submitted files, and get their fonts.
I think it's an Affinity thing. I love the Astute Graphics plugins. I have asked them about making them for Affinity. They said they would be more than willing to, but it's on the Affinity side to allow it. So I am not sure if they aren't allowing 3rd party plugins or what? Maybe that part will change with the recent buy out.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I think it's an Affinity thing. I love the Astute Graphics plugins. I have asked them about making them for Affinity. They said they would be more than willing to, but it's on the Affinity side to allow it. So I am not sure if they aren't allowing 3rd party plugins or what? Maybe that part will change with the recent buy out.
Equipment manufacturers and 3rd parties are responsible for writing these plugins, I reached out to Serif a while back to ask if adding plugin support to affinity was on the radar. Their response was they are fully willing to work with them, but at that point there wasn't enough interest by other sources to venture into it yet. Hopefully with the upsurge in sales, Adobe's less than stellar reputation as of late, and the boost in market share from the buyout, it'll push it along.