• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Affixing Signs To Block Walls

Dennis Trump

We produced 45 2'x3' signs that were mounted on interior block walls that are painted. The signs were produced on 3/16" black ultra board. We mounted the signs using 1 7/8 inch velcro dots. The first batch we used for a sample were from Amazon and were industrial strength however when the client placed the actual order for the 45 signs we ordered a large supply from hook and loop. Those velcro dots are failing and the signs are falling. I want to make the customer happy and plan to replace all of the dots that are affixed to the wall but I certainly do not want to use the ones that failed. Is there another method or source I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Billct2

What's not sticking? The velcro to the wall, the velcro to the sign or the velcro to itself? If the first sample worked why not go back to that?
The other question is why velcro? If it doesn't have to be velcro there are other options.

Trump Direct

What's not sticking? The velcro to the wall, the velcro to the sign or the velcro to itself? If the first sample worked why not go back to that?
The other question is why velcro? If it doesn't have to be velcro there are other options.

The Velcro to the wall is failing. The original product was not available in bulk so we went to a different industrial supplier for the bulk order. It does not have to be Velcro. The installer used that product in an attempt to not mar the walls. I'm looking for another solution that will not fail.

gabagoo

should buy 1.5" velcro rolls ...a dot cannot support the shear weight of a sign that large...BTW how many dots per sign did you use. I would also use methyl hydrate to clean the wall before applying the velcro

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I've had good success with 3M Command Strips. They're pricey but won't mar the wall.