• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Affordable 24 inch LCD on sale at Best Buy

hoppers

Ok, I’m sure a lot of "pro" monitor uses might flame away on this topic, but please realize this isn’t for you guys/gals. I’d say a good % of us just need a decent monitor that is affordable. I’m also NO monitor guru.

With that said - just wanted to inform anyone if you were looking to upgrade your old CRT or tiny LCD monitor.

Best Buy has a Hannspree 25 inch (ok, its 24.6 viewable) LCD monitor on sale this week for $280.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8732749&type=product&id=1201307759117

I never heard of Hannspree and never saw any until I looked at them in store. The in store demos looked nice so I picked up one last night not really expecting much for that price (as I realize the good brands can be anywhere above $500 easily for 24 inches). I figured, I have 14 days to fiddle with it and if it stinks, I would just return it.

I get it home and put on the non adjustable, flimsy stand (that is the one gripe for me and the other best buy reviewers) and turn it on. Wow, it’s bright and after adjusting some settings - it really looks quite good! And not ONE dead pixel either out of the box and colors look as good as my old 19 inch Samsung LCD!

I haven't ever seen a "pro" LCD's in person and I’m sure I would be impressed, but for my work that I do on my personal computer – it works for me. I can open up two firefox browsers side by side, flip through thumbnails much easier and open multiple images in photoshop or illustrator and edit them much quicker due to the additional working area.

Read the reviews on the Best Buy site - a lot of people also like it, but the stand isn’t so great. Mainly it's not adjustable (see the price and you will know why), so you will have to make due with some books or an alternate stand - but I plan on buying a wall mount anyway so it doesn’t matter much to me.

Oh and it also has the normal VGA hookups and HDMI to DVI and includes all the cables too.

Do your own homework, but I’m just going from what my eyeballs (and wallet) tells me and it looks good! And as I said, I use this for my personal use – the better Samsung LCD gets the color matching, design/rip computer duty!