• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

After a little advice regarding Hexis HX20000

simpson246

Hi all, I recently tested the Avery Supreme vinyl which I thought was amazing with the repositionable adhesive and air channels.
I looked into the cost of this vinyl and found it was very expensive.

I looked elsewhere for a vinyl very simular and came across the Hexis HX20000 which I was told was very simular with the repositionable adhesive.

I received this today and tested a small cut out of it to see how good the repositionable adhesive was. The outcome was that I believe the vinyl stuck right away rather than being repositionable.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I was also told via email the below:

This vinyl is air release pressure sensitive adhesive, the adhesive is not pressure activated.

Thanks!

Xcesiv

The reposition ability of hexis is nothing like Avery. It sticks a little but I just throw a tiny bit of heat into it and it releases fine.

jasonx

You are comparing the slideability aspect. Respositionable means you can snap it back off and reapply. Slideability means you can float it around.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Not sure if Hexis chrome has the same adhesive what you talking about but the chrome was sticking super bad. hard time pulling it off once it touched the material.
And the worst is: Primer 94 does nothing when you using hexis chrome! Please do me a favor and check out your hexis product and let me know if you lay down primer is it any harder to pull off the vinyl?