• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

After Versaworks Update... Crash

grafixemporium

I tried to update versaworks when the update came out a while back. After installing and rebooting, the program crashed every time I started it up. Splash screen comes up and it begins to initialize, then the 21st century version of the blue screen of death, "program has encountered a problem and must shut down..."

I restored my system to the day before and went on about my business with the original versaworks.

Tried the update again today to see if maybe there were some bugs in the update they worked out. Same problem.... so I restored again.

I can't update anything -- including color profiles. I'm stuck in the dark ages here. Any ideas before I try to contact Roland?

Andrew

Last edited:

kbcgraphix

Contact Roland, more than likely your versaworks is to old to update properly

Had the same problem and spent more than a day trying to figure it out.

And finally gave up and gave them a call

They were very helpful and fixed me up.

I spoke with Donald Kiehl.

KForceOH

I to have the same issues. I first updated the program and it worked fine then another smaller update came out and it just started crashing everytime you open it. I uninstalled everything and just installed v2.3 again but I cannot update profiles or anything now or it just stops working.

petepaz

i had that happen also
just went back to the old system
if it isn't broke don't fix it
but i am going the the atlantic city show so i will ask someone while i am there

Mike_Koval

I have seen this issue. If you ran an online update on your versaworks and the original copy was not at least 2.7 then you will have to do a complete reinstall. Please note that you will have to re-install any 3rd party profiles upon doing this procedure.

1. Uninstall Versaworks via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Also remove the program called MSXML 4.0 PARSER SDK.

2. www.imprintables.com/downloads/RVW_CD_261.zip
You will want to click on the above link to download this file. This is a complete version of versaworks. Install this first. If you have the copy of your Versaworks CD you can skip this part.

3. www.imprintables.com/downloads/RVWUpater270.zip
run this updater second. this will upgrade you 2.7

4. Now you can run the online updater in Versaworks to upgrade you to 3.0.2

This should have everything back to normal…if this should not happen to work, call 800.542.2307…this is roland’s tech support.

I am uploading these files to our servers, so the links will not work for another hour or so…they are some rather large files.