• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aftermarket wipers for Mutoh dx5 head

PreImp

I was curious to find what other peoples experiences were with aftermarket wipers. I have seen the blue ones online and understand they may be a bit taller and stiffer. Do these were just as well at the Mutoh wipers??

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We have found that the blue after market wipers are too stiff and splatter ink everywhere. They will fit your machine but it will get messy. We have the OEM wipers on our site for 2 for $12. Check it out.

RG

I have been using one of the blue wipers in my 1204 for over 2 years now. There is ink splatter, but it wipes just as good as a $45 wiper from Mutoh. I clean the wiper every day. Don't want dried ink rubbing across the printhead. If you use one of these, be sure to cover up your panel cable or it will get coated with ink. That 2 for $12 deal sounds like a real winner.

PreImp

Thanks so much.. I agree.. The 2 for $12 seems like a winner to me as well. Thanks to you both.

Chris