• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Anapurna M/Mv Service Manual

klmiller611

Hi Everybody.

I've run into an issue with my Anapurna Mv today, that has us stopped in our tracks. Fortunately, I don't have to print anything today or even Monday. Our machine was delivered in December 2008. We rarely use the varnish.

I shut the machine down normally last week, went out this morning, fired it up normally, and the varnish was low and the pumps were refilling it. A leak occurred at the valve, we fixed that. Now, when I tried to fire it up, it goes through the start up routine, then something dumps the air.

So the next message we get is the media setting bar is down, because of no air pressure, unplugged the cable connecting the tank and it makes it without that message, then gives me an "ink overflow" error message, and nothing seems to fix that.

I found a post from back in October from a member with the same issue, but no responses. Since the manuals I have are virtually useless on this, I am seeking some help.

Does anyone have a manual or have run into the same situation? If not, is there anyone who is an independent Agfa service person?

Thanks in advance

Ken Miller

klmiller611

What it was in this case, was there was ink blown into the tank on the back of the carriage, near the air pressure switch used when flushing the heads. Below that is a silver tank, with a drain valve underneath. I opened the valve and nothing came out. However, I was not convince and we took the valve itself off and about a teaspoon of ink came out. We cleaned the valve and reinstalled it, and that solved the problem. This was the first time in the 8 years we have had the machine that I ran into this and drained anything out of there.

I sent via PM a diagram one of our other members shared here, that helped me on this issue. It was for an M series, but the principal was the same

Best
Ken