• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AGFA Anapurna M Print Head Replacement Procedure

Time Printing

Hi all,

Our black print head is not purging nor is hardly any solution coming out of it when we try to flush the ink out of the head. With both procedures it just slowly drips out. I removed the bottom hose from the valve and ink flowed out from the bottom of the valve at the same speed as one of the working heads. I think that the head may just be done and I am looking for a procedure to replace it. I poked around where the ink head is stationed and it seems very simple, 2 screws a cable and the hose. However I do not want to take on the procedure without being certain that it actually is that simple. AGFA guards their service manual like it's a sacred relic from the Jurassic period, which is quite upsetting. If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you.

klmiller611

We have an Anapurna Mv that we replaced two heads in the last year, it is now 7 years old. I believe that the M and Mv machines are virtually identical internally, short of the LM and LC and Varnish ink and of course their related plumbing and data.

I purchased the replacement heads from Digiprint and we replaced the first in January of last year, and the magenta last August. I suspect that we will be doing at least one more this year. Changing out the first took several days, and I let my boss do the job. The second, myself and another person did in about 2 hours.

Since you have good ink flow out of the valve, it could be your hose to the head as well. Ours were replaced because the plastic cover on the head had separated from the body.

Feel free to PM me and I can share a few other things.
Best
Ken Miller