• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Anapurna MW System Error <carriage> E - 1 Encoder

nicubila

Just bought a used Anapurna MW and after installing all the connections, i am getting this error.
The motor is not engaged like it should be when powered on. The drive is also not showing any error, just displays "0". The second driver (for the feed) shows though "0.00".
Not sure where to start from as there could be many sources as encoder error: the motor encoder, the linear encoder on the carriage, wiring etc.
Any insight and help appreciated.

thank you
20240105_114745.jpg

Marius

nicubila

UPDATE: among other errors, which were popping up randomly, was also the safety sensors, in spite of them all being green LED. A colleague, playing around with a screw driver, turned about 90 degree one of two screws of a barrier sensor (8 in total), and all errors were gone: servo engaged, safety sensors cleared, machine was responding to the ping request etc.
I asked the colleague to play lottery, he seems to have a good hand these days.