• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa G2 series ink adhesion (also F5/700 & Océ)

growler

Anyone have experience with these inks?

Specifically with adhesion to coreflute/polyprop etc.

I had the G1 inks for a few months which were next to useless then went to a 3rd party. We are having a M2500 put in front of us with the newer G2 inks, but I am still a little concerned about the adhesion to coreflute.

I have seen prints from the F5/700 and Océ and their adhesion leaves the agfa G1 for dead which is pushing me more in those directions for a machine.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Océ IJ256 adheres very well to corflute... *but* it depends on what brand board you are using.
I initially had extremely poor adhesion to corflute sourced from India.

Not sure where my latest stuff originated (from Mulford Plastics in Australia), but adhesion is brilliant.
You might also need to find a supplier who can give you freshly corona treated boards. Usual lifespan of the treatment is around 90 days.
After that, the surface loses adhesion energy and the inks won't stick as well.

Océ recently introduced IJ258 specifically for corflute. Adhesion is apparently so good, you can print, laminate, then pull the laminate off and the ink will remain on the corflute.
That's some impressive adhesion in my books. Colour gamut is reduced though... by how much I don't know as I haven't met anyone running IJ258 yet.