Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agfa Head Issue

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by klmiller611, Jan 21, 2019.

1. klmiller611

klmiller611 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Hi All

I'm no longer doing printing full time, I've taken a new and totally different job, but I agreed to help out the place I used to work on an as available basis. I agreed to print a single sign today. We have an Agfa Anapurna Mv, 10 years old now.

I fired the machine up, can get all the heads to fire properly except cyan. I've run flush though the head, I've done the jet test, and it tested fine, but when I try to purge the head, I get nothing coming out. I'm letting the head soak with flush solution overnight, and will try to come back tomorrow to see if I can get it to work. But this is totally a new one to me. Nobody else has run the machine, it has sat for a while, but again, all the other heads fire fine, purge fine. It will test print on all the other heads fine, the cyan, no.

Suggestions to look for would be greatly appreciated
    Ken Miller

Tags:
  2. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Your reservoir could be clogged. Flush and ink come from different locations. Was the jet test actually printing Cyan or was it the flush?

3. klmiller611

klmiller611 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Roanoke, Virginia
    The jet test is where is forces ink out in a vapor, I am assuming by this point, it was flush. But when you do a purge, it pushes nothing through.

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Sounds like a clogged reservoir. Cyan is notorious for that.