• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa jeti Titan hs

KaranGrewal

Update

Received samples from AGFA today printed on new Mira with G5 inks. we had them do samples with and without primer on dibond, coroplast and few other materials. Did test on coro first. one with primer ink didn't come off. we tried at few spots and adhesion was solid. without primer ink came off but not as easily compare to one from our acuity printer. On Dibond adhesion is pretty good as well. Also try cutting printed dibond on pannel saw and foot sheer .. Ink didn't chip off. On acuity ink chips off easily. ( Our acuity has KI inks .. now oce - fuji has new inks as well ). AGFA offers two ink types G4 and G5. according to sales G4 has best adhesion but you loose color gamut. on G5 inks color gamut is pretty good. New GUI on mira looks pretty good as well ( sales person showed us little demo on his laptop ) you can rotate, add white , resize files at printer screen. Roll to roll option is available and its 8ft wide ( big plus you print mesh banner without liner).

KaranGrewal

johnnysigns

Hey I touched on this briefly on Instagram the other day, but if you've got time - Could drop any specific feedback about this printer? I feel confident you're a busy person so I'd wager time is always in demand. There's very little feedback out there on this particular press and a year of run time would offer some helpful insight to any prospective buyers like myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, JY.

JoDa

Full disclosure here...I have worked for Oce/Canon for over 20+ years here in Canada and am the Senior Sales in Western Canada for the Arizona UV flatbeds.

I believe you seriously need to get in front of any printer that you are considering. These flatbeds are major investments that require considerable due diligence to ensure you are getting what was promised. NEVER TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT! Determine for yourself, by seeing the unit print, and ask for references from other customers with the same printer.

Have them print an image that you are familiar with in "all" print modes, while you time it with a stop watch. Remember all flatbed manufacturers base their speeds on filling the entire printable area on the bed.

Also in the fast (top speed) modes many UV printers cannot properly cure the UV inks, which results not only in a hazardous environment for your operators, but can also creating "bruising" or scratching of the print.

Additionally have them print white on a black substrate to illustrate the capability of the opacity of the white ink. Lastly by being in front of the printer you can view the operation, noise level among other subtle production issues.

Lastly ask lots of questions...what is the print carriage drive mechanism, challenge ink costs (don't forget purges), service response time, local or national service support....etc...

My two cents...