• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Mv Ink Overflow error

WalkerP

Setting up refurbished unit. Getting this error. Ink tanks have cleaning fluid in them. Waste tank is empty, floats for ink/waste levels appear to be functional.
Ideas? The user manual doesn't have error code info.

klmiller611

Still looking for suggestions on this. The ink overflow error is still present, I am assuming that it has to be a reset. I tested all the pumps, they all seem to be working, as well as the float sensors.

However, as I try to start up, even before getting to the ink overflow error, some sensor kicks and dumps the air out of the small tank.

Having no service manual on this stuff really stinks. I guess there is some sort of reset for the ink overflow error, but I don't really see what it would have to do with the air system.

Ideas, anybody????

Ken

ChrisN

Sorry, I can't find any service manuals. However, I did find a Carriage Ink/Air Diagram document, which states:

If the Float Sensor in the Vacuum Tank & Sub Ink Waste Tank activates, the Valve/Solenoid on the Air Tank opens, dumping air to the system; any ink in the Sub Ink Waste Tank must be discharged via the Bleed Valve

Attachments

• Anapurna M_Carriage_Ink_Air Diagrams.pdf
    29.2 KB · Views: 426

klmiller611

Thanks Chris!

This one is new to me. The manuals we have were translated, I assume from Chinese, by a Korean, and the resulting wording is more than a bit off!

I'll report back

Best
Ken

klmiller611

Afternoon followup here.

OK, edited this to reflect the latest. I attempted to drain the sub waste tank unsuccessfully. Tried several times, out of desperation, I said lets take the valve off and see if it was plugged up. I thought that there was no way that had happened, but sure enough, about 2-3 ounces of crud came out when we took the valve off.

Cleaned it, reinstalled, and it looks like everything is functioning fine. Thank you again Chris for that AMAZINGLY helpful document, I'd never found anything in our stuff about that.

Best
Ken

Last edited:

Ivan Medina

Still looking for suggestions on this. The ink overflow error is still present, I am assuming that it has to be a reset. I tested all the pumps, they all seem to be working, as well as the float sensors.

However, as I try to start up, even before getting to the ink overflow error, some sensor kicks and dumps the air out of the small tank.

Having no service manual on this stuff really stinks. I guess there is some sort of reset for the ink overflow error, but I don't really see what it would have to do with the air system.

Ideas, anybody????

Ken
Hi Keith, my machine is currently showing the same symptoms. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!