• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Sherpa 43i (aka Mutoh RJ6100)

mac_man_luke

Hello,

Iv got an Agfa Sherpa 43i, it has a few blocked nozzles which will not clean with a normal clean/normal use

Can anyone suggest how i could clean it? soak them in something?

Otherwise has anyone got a service manual? id like to see how much work is involved in replacing the heads before i purchase them.

Also what other maintenance should i be doing?

thanks

R08

you can try using a seringe and sucking the ink through the heads via the cleaning station. Has worked for me before.

mac_man_luke

thanks, ill give it a shot

someone else recommended filling the capping station with alcohol and leaving it soak

does this sound like a good idea or will the capping station melt?

Capital Signs

should be just fine. i would just use the syringe and that should take care of the problem. My experience with soaking heads works ok, but for stubbornones that just wont fire, syringe is best.

R08

i've always had better luck with the seringe method for tough clogs.

One thing you have to be careful of.
After pulling ink through, give the seringe a bit of time for the pressure to equalize otherwize you could suck a bunch of air up into the head and then NO ink will go through until you repeat the process correctly.

R08

Oh and by the way.

Welcome to the forum.

Please take a moment to post in the New Members forum to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself.

It will give the rest of the group a chance to 'meet' you.

Jackpine

If you print with eco solvernt inks soak the heads with cleaning fluid. If it a pigment printer I would try the appropriate solvent, denatured alcohol or what ever you use for doing head washes. Then I would draw ink from the cap station with a syringe from each cap line to insure ink flow.
Hello,

Iv got an Agfa Sherpa 43i, it has a few blocked nozzles which will not clean with a normal clean/normal use

Can anyone suggest how i could clean it? soak them in something?

Otherwise has anyone got a service manual? id like to see how much work is involved in replacing the heads before i purchase them.

Also what other maintenance should i be doing?

thanks

desoutter9

What ink are you using? If its pigment waterbased buy some distilled water or the correct cleaning fluid. Cut a bit of lint free cloth just a little larger than the head cappings and carefully lay that over and then soak in fluid. put the heads over and drop the head rail down to its low position. soak for a few hours, remove very carefully and do a few powerfull cleans. you may have to leave it for an hour or so to settle.
if this all fails I have a manual its heavy reading but its all there

randya

What ink are you using? If its pigment waterbased buy some distilled water or the correct cleaning fluid. Cut a bit of lint free cloth just a little larger than the head cappings and carefully lay that over and then soak in fluid. put the heads over and drop the head rail down to its low position. soak for a few hours, remove very carefully and do a few powerfull cleans. you may have to leave it for an hour or so to settle.
if this all fails I have a manual its heavy reading but its all there

Yes, this should be water based, either dye or pigment.

I usually fold the lint free cloths over for a double thickness, and then make sure they stay wet, you may have to rewet them every 30 minutes to a couple of hours depending on your shop conditions.

I was able to recover completely a set of heads that had been baked uncapped for the summer here in Arizona.

It took more that just a couple of hours, but that was an extreme case.

The idea is to soften up the ink plugging the nozzles and then pull them loose with a syringe.

mac_man_luke

Finally got a chance to have a play with it

It is better than it was now but still not perfect so i think it will need a set of heads but i have not tried soaking the heads yet, what material can people recommend for using as a soaking cloth? dont want lint on the heads!!!

It also appears that the capping station is not 100% sealing (i had to hold it the whole way to the right for it to get a good seal)

the dampers also seamed slow to refill while i was sucking the ink through

mac_man_luke

well i got it going pretty well but this week it started putting cyan lines across anything we print and nothing will get rid of them

time for new heads i think

DDC

Need Help Guys

I just got a Sherpa 43i and I loaded the inks that were given to me buy the seller. Now I get this Differ INK error code. Does this mean I can only use AGFA Sherpa Inks? And if thats the case were do I get them for a good price? I am totally new to this. I have a design firm we though this would be a good addition for cheap...was I wrong? Help Guys this FOURM seems super smart....