• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AGL Compadre upper roller not lowering...

Cale Frederick

We have had our AGL laminator for about 4 and a half years now. Over the past month it has stopped responding to the lower switch that controls the upper roller position. It is pneumatic and I am afraid it may have gotten some water in the lines. I was out for a while due to a surgery and no one emptied out the tank water or the inline water trap. Is their anything inside the machine I should look for to indicate what might be wrong? I have the cover off and when I hit the rocker switch for the roller I can hear a slight spurt of air but it seams like it is not letting the pressure out fully. If I leave the switch down for about 30-45 minutes the roller will eventually go down, usually one side and then the other. Thanks for any help!

jmcnicoll

We had a similar issue due to water/oil in the air lines. I believe we had to have the regulators replaced. Call AGL and explain it to them. You can change out the parts yourself.

jim