• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AHHHH...Need to rant about stupid customers!!!

TimberSign

Okay did this banner job back in August. Two banners small job, real easy, well we thought so! NOOOOOO!!! Lady has all the info written down copy it all out on our work order, of course another customer who needs the job done yesterday. She comes in day early to pick it up one banner is done, she says it has the wrong web address on it, we think oh god did we spell it wrong, she says no that's our old web address. That's the one she gave us the day before, now she gives us something way different but can't remember if it is .ca or .com. She laughs and says you shouldn't listen to me, I have no idea what I'm talking about. She seems to think that we should know what her information is, not the other way around! So we fix her banners, no extra charge by the way, on HER mistake, she picks them up, thinks they look really nice pays for them and heads out of our office. Thank God!

Nope appears back here this week well over a month, and says the info is wrong. The banner says Ltd. but the company is Inc. Check our order form once again her mistake. She brings them back in we once again fix both, and send her on her way with her $25 invoice for the changes that were not our fault.

She has the nerve to call us up today, and say that she will not be paying the $25 to change the mistake, because it was our fault. We should have looked up all the info for the banners on her new website, and not followed the orders she gave us. After her phone call I looked up her website, mostly so I would know what they sell so I will never have to deal with her again, and there is nothing even on it that says Inc or Ltd!!!! :banghead:

I am kinda hoping the nice men in white coats will come pick me up soon!!:clapping:

SignManiac

Let me help you. Have her call me so I can tell her where she needs to go. I don't mind helping her kind out.

GypsyGraphics

Here's the Reader's Digest version of that story.

A lady comes into your shop to smack you upside the head, but forgets her stick... so you give her one. It doesn't hurt much so when she comes back to do it again, you offer to sell her a bat for $25. She knocks you upside the head and walks out without paying for the bat.

Sounds kinda like an S&M story doesn't it.

CheapVehicleWrap

This sounds like the perfect time to buy a new pair of boots, because you're not going to want the current ones where they're going.

visual800

IT AINT MY FAULT! Typical of todays customer. What the hell? Do you have time to google all your customers and make sure all their crap is up to date online. I wouldnt wait on this &^%$# if she ever called again:banghead:

Farmboy

I had a situation like this a few weeks ago, from another sign shop! Sent the artwork for decals. All ready and to size, right...wrong. Not only was the size wrong but there was some copy missing from it. Now we have done work for them in the past and had problems. So we e-mail proofs, call and send semaphore signals on all orders. So he picks em up and calls later saying they aren't correct. Skip ahead...he realizes that he sent the wrong file and want's to know what we can do. Umm...we can print the right file. Can you give me a break he asked...Umm, No. His brother (who I guess is a partner) calls and ask what we can do. Really? So I ask, You want me to pay for your mistake? Wait for it....Yes. That's his answer. Alrighty. Any who...we ended up printing the right files and charging them for both and yes, they still come to us for work and know they better get it right the first time. They're out there people. Sorry for boostin your thread Timber. :)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
it's your fault for not getting a signed proof. Then there's no argument.

Ditto x 1000...especially if there's even a remote possibility that a jury could become involved.

GypsyGraphics

Nope never again! I think I will borrow GypsyGraphics bat and show this lady the quickest way out the door!

You can borrow my bat Timber, but i'm gonna have to charge you $25.

hmmm, should i tell him i'm often guilty of letting clients take advantage of me too? naaaa... he'll find out soon enough... next time i post about a client who got more than they paid for and was unappreciative.
a most opportune time for him to return my bat.

JR's

, she says it has the wrong web address on it, she says no that's our old web address. That's the one she gave us the day before, ! So we fix her banners, no extra charge by the way, on HER mistake, she picks them up, thinks they look really nice pays for them and heads out of our office. Thank God!

Nope appears back here this week well over a month, and says the info is wrong. The banner says Ltd. but the company is Inc. Check our order form once again her mistake. She brings them back in we once again fix both, and send her on her way with her $25 invoice for the changes that were not our fault.

you should of charged her the first time. you dint' so you set the rules (my mistake no charge.)

you gave her credit of $25????? she should of payed before she left.

it looks like a $25 lesion to me. ;-}

JR

Last edited:

TimberSign

it's your fault for not getting a signed proof. Then there's no argument.

Oh we have one! That wasn't her issue, her issue was we didn't check out her info. She openly admits she gave us the wrong info, no problem there! And when I mean they were easy banners, they were. Had the company name, web address and phone number, that's it!