• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ahoy from Raleigh NC!

igneous

(its a long post i know, have a beer half way through!)

Seems appropriate that my first post should be here, so hello yall! My name is derek and I'm originally from PA - been in NC since 88'. I left college and headed to the coast in 04 to get involved in the sign biz- after a few years I got tired of working for someone else. I was dead set on having my own shop one day but knew that I had a lot to learn.

I headed back to Raleigh in 07 and finished last may with a bs in business mgmt concentrating in marketing. I've been working a corp job doing collateral design and web design/mgmt (an absolute snooze fest that allows me the opportunity to learn quite a bit).

Last Nov I decided it was time to get the ball rolling and started procuring equipment and doing some seo. So here I am, up and running for a month now, three jobs in the pipeline but still gathering random bits of equip and software. I truly love the art and am confident that loving what you do IS the key to happiness. I'd greatly appreciate any constructive criticism and guidance and look forward to becoming a contributing member in this community.

cheers!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from your old home state of PA.....................................

Sign_Boy

Welcome from NJ - I have friends in Roxboro that's close to you.
So how do you like life in the sign biz?

oakcitysigns

Welcome from another Raleigh-ite. Where about town are you located? I'm out by the Airport. If there is anything I can do for you print-wise, let me know, I'd be happy to help. Good luck out there!

igneous

whats up anthony - i just drove by your shop the other day as a matter a fact - also saw that key harbor sign in the mall not too long ago - great name for your shop btw!

sign-boy - i've always loved the sign biz, there's nothing better - and your signature reminded me that for the first time ever, i found taylor ham in a food store down here - I was amazed when i saw it at a lowes food last weekend. i dont have to get it shipped from jerseyporkroll.com anymore! woot!

oakcitysigns

You should have stopped in to say hello. Thanks for the complement on the name. It still baffles me on how many natives don't know that Raleigh is the City of Oaks... Best of luck to ya!