• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ai file

WOODBS

Ai file printing black, supposed to be green. Click on it and cmyk color shows..looks green, vworks shows black? any help?

Malkin

Happens to me sometimes, it like permanently sets a color, no matter what the CMYK values are.

My solution was to hit the "X" to clear the color several times, then re-enter the values.

sjm

Woods the green you think is green has 72% black. I know it sounds cliche but do you have a PMS colour to reference to?

Malkin

The main copy is 95 19 70 72

That's gonna print black, even though it might look like a really really dark green on screen.

thewood

The main copy is 95 19 70 72

That's gonna print black, even though it might look like a really really dark green on screen.

Those values would print as black on my setup. The values look like something that was mixed by the designer based on onscreen appearance or eyedropped from a bitmap. I can't imagine a Pantone or even process green would contain that much magenta.

Vinylman

Ong

I think BEFORE I worried about the way the colors where coming out, you should TOTALLY RETHINK your layout.

The fonts are in NO WAY complimentary to the layout. They are WRONG WRONG WRONG.

They appear to be cheep knockoffs of lousy fonts to begin with, and then the kerning {letter spacing for those of you west of Pensacola} needs Orthodontic work.

You should go back to square one with this mess and redo the entire design. THEN worry about getting the colors correct.

MikePro

its not black, its green with black printed over it!
Print a few swatches and find your right value... my guess is to decrease your K value til you have Green again.

WOODBS

got it figured out, just assigned correct rgb to the text...wasn't my design, just production