• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help AI files double cutting with Flexi

So I have a load of templates that I cut with, I used to just cut with cutting master 4 on our graphtec. But now we have a summa. When I open the files in Flexi and cut them through it, I am getting double cuts. I have tried all different files and everything. Very frustrating. I am hoping I won't have to go through every single file (100 +) and remake them all.

is there a software plugin thats free to run the cutter through illustrator? If I wanted to not use Flexi that is, but if there is a somewhat simple solution to use this with Flexi that would be great because its what we are trying to primarily use.

I have attached a sample file that is double cutting

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• felxi doublecut test.pdf
    769.1 KB · Views: 193

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
It probably has something to do with "Thick Lines" in other words, it is seeing your lines as objects, having and inside and outside. It has been a while but there used to be a setting in SignLab to ignore "thick lines".

Another solution is to give everything a fill color and turn the outlines off before you export. That should do the trick as well.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It's because your file has stroked lines.

Convert strokes to outlines first
Or remove the strokes completely if what you're cutting isn't supposed to have an inline and an outline.
Addendum: I think there's a check box on the Flexi cut tab that will tell it to ignore strokes. Been a couple of years since I used Flexi, though.

Garyd3599

This happened to me using Cutting Master. My problem was with white fill. I could not see it but it would cut it again anyway. I doubt that is your issue but it is something else that could be looked at.

rjssigns

We run a Summa also and use Ai strokes for cut lines. Just make sure they are 0.25 point. I noticed that it ran twice when doing a pen plot so I checked the file. Yup, 2 pt stroke.

Just like rjssigns says your lines are too thick. I don't use points to measure, but in mm i set 0.0001. If you don't want to waste you time send the files over and I'll convert them for $0.50 / file :D

Attachments

• felxi doublecut test-thin-lines.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 123

2ny

It is the thick lines as several answers point at. You can either use Fill/Stroke editor in Flexi to set your objects with a fill and choose "wireframe" in the tab, and Clear the strokes. Or you can maybe tick of the option "Convert strokes to outline" under Flexis plot dialog under Advanced-tab: I have never used that option myself, as I prefer to use wireframe on my objects to plot. Best of luck.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yes, there is plug-in cutting software for illy. FineCut. We use it with Corel. Same issue as above though. I can't seem to get it through the heads of some here. You don't need a stroke/outline on a fill. The cut line is the edge of the fill. If you have both you'll have 2 cuts. As an option FineCut will show you several layers that are to be cut then you can uncheck those that you don't want cut. Printing then plotting/cutting? Just set up a "cut" layer with nothing but strokes/outlines in any color of your choice.