• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AI files won't delete ...

N2Harpz

I am not able to delete ant AI or EPS files. I keep getting messages saying that This file is being used by another person or program !!

Any advice on what is locking it up ?

gabagoo

strange as I have been getting those also. I generally open newer eps and ai files across my network in another computer. When theres a problem with the file I find if I go back to the main computer and try to delete it, I can't until the other computer is shut down.

GK

see if Illustrator has created any temp files that may be in use in the temp folder. Also if you are looking for a program to free the files in use, do a search in the threads a few months back I posted a link to Unlocker. Its a free app to do just that.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You might try changing the display options for the directory that the file is sitting in.
When you select it to delete - Explorer tries to generate a preview thumbnail of the file, so it ends up being the program that is doing the using & won't let it go.

wayne k
guam usa

P

ProWraps™

get a can of gas. buy matches. steal a 6 pack of beer. throw gas on computle. toss match in general direction. open beer.