• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AI to WinPCsign losing detail...

T2

Hey all,

So I recently started using WinPCsign and after a couple of different projects I ran into something that has me stumped.

I had a PS file that I converted in AI to vector and than imported into WinPCsign. Everything looks good but when I go to cut it, the cutting preview shows details missing from the vector image, mainly the center holes in letters like D or O.

Does anyone have a suggestion or explanation as to what is going on?

(I know someone is going to suggest just sending it to the cutter straight out of AI but I am still learning how to create a correct page so I am not wasting loads of vinyl. Using cutting software gives me a visual of the page set up prior to sending it so that is why I am using it).

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Illustrator is probably tracing the holes as the background color. Check in WinPC for more than one vinyl color. Inner loops of letters and objects should be the same color as the outer loops and compounded together.

thesignguy1986

I used this program like 5 years ago and this was the main problem with it. If i remember correctly you need to ungroup and/or unmask. Then delete the backing that is solid color and it should show the entire image.

Patentagosse

'Sounds like a kinda "compound" issue, like if the holes were white over red letters so when you send it to cut menu, the holes are missing or treated differently. I'm not surprised 'cause you got what you paid for. SignMax is located in my area and I have worked with their 1st version 25 years ago. 'Glad I moved to a more professional platform (Casmate) than migrated to FlexiSign when they merged.

thesignguy1986

'Sounds like a kinda "compound" issue, like if the holes were white over red letters so when you send it to cut menu, the holes are missing or treated differently. I'm not surprised 'cause you got what you paid for. SignMax is located in my area and I have worked with their 1st version 25 years ago. 'Glad I moved to a more professional platform (Casmate) than migrated to FlexiSign when they merged.

Boy do I miss Casmate. Favorite software of all time

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've had similar issues with AI & SignLab. If you're only missing vectors, try exporting it as a .dxf from AI.

JB

T2

Alright well thanks for the info anyway I guess I will just mess around with it and see if I can find a resolution.

GUnit111

Convert text to outlines in AI and save as AI 8 or earlier. WinPCSign has issues importing AI version 9 and later files:doh: Also WinPCSign treats compound paths inconsistently when importing; some it gets right, some get import as two outlines on different layers.

T2

Convert text to outlines in AI and save as AI 8 or earlier. WinPCSign has issues importing AI version 9 and later files:doh: Also WinPCSign treats compound paths inconsistently when importing; some it gets right, some get import as two outlines on different layers.

This is good to know! Thanks for your reply.