• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Bubble Removal on Lam

dlndesign

I have a print that got some trapped air bubbles in it. I have used exacto blade and pressure, but no good you can still see the bubbles. I even let it sit out overnight. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove them? I am on a tight deadline with a stickler for a customer. See attached photo along the dresser image.

Attachments

• CIMG2937.jpg
    CIMG2937.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 144

WrapperX

Even after using a needle and a squeege and even running it through the laminator again have I ever fully removed the remence of air bubbles in lamintate. My guess is because the laminate stretches ever so slightly when the air is trapped and it doesn't shrink back to shape as well as vinyl does. You can try heat, but if the customer is a stickler, you're unfortunate safe bet is to just go ahead and reprint.

Hi every0ne, i am getting the same problems when i apply the vinyl onto foamex and some other surfaces, the only differnece is that i am not laminateing it, i leave the print to dry at least 24hrs before applying, i use a very small and thin needle to burst the air bubbles only to find they appear in other places lol!, i am new to digiprint but have been cad cutting for years and not had any big problems like this, any help please as my business partner is going mad at me and he thinks its me lol! Helllp!, thanks in advance