• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Release intermediate vinyl?

landdesigns

Hey, Ive been using Oracal 3165ra intermediate vinyl for a few years, lately I have been getting bad prints from static on the vinyl, I switch to a roll of 3164 oracal and the prints are fine. Im wondering if there is another brand of intermediate vinyl on the market that comparable to the 3165ra ,really like using the air release vinyl ,especially on racecars?

Thanks Todd

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
3M IJ35c is intermediate with air release - prints nice on mutoh value jet.

wayne k
guam usa

grafixemporium

We use 3M IJ35c as well. Only problem is the laminate 3M recommends for it is complete crap. I think it's 8508/09. The stuff is **** yellow and ruins an otherwise great print on a great intermediate vinyl with air release. We lam it with Oracal 210 gloss or matte and it works great. No problems.

cdiesel

We use Oracal 3165RA or IJ40C (IJ35C also, but more IJ40..) and lam with 210G.

I'd try to get a different lot number on the 3165RA.. probably a bad batch or something.

landdesigns

I'm using the roland versacamm vp300 (30inch) I dont think the 3m comes in the 30 inch rolls, ya think the arlon dpf4560gtx will work with oracal 210 laminate?

Rooster

I've done some wall wraps with IJ35c and the 8520 matte laminate. The lam's a little pricey, the but the IJ35c was easy to apply and worked great. The matte finish is a nice touch as well.

J

john1

I'm using the roland versacamm vp300 (30inch) I dont think the 3m comes in the 30 inch rolls, ya think the arlon dpf4560gtx will work with oracal 210 laminate?

Sure does, Fellers has it this way and so does Grimco. You gotta ask.

cdiesel

I don't care for the Arlon 4560.. Had delamination problems with the adhesive. Also, funny enough, we had static problems while printing...

HulkSmash

Arlon is awful. The only good stuff they make is the 8000 and that's cause when you put it on, you're never getting it off.

2B

3m IJ35C is good, we have tried that and the Oracal equivalent, 3M seems to do better.

+1 for not skimping on the lam, talk about an instant print killer

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use 3M IJ35c as well. Only problem is the laminate 3M recommends for it is complete crap. I think it's 8508/09. The stuff is **** yellow and ruins an otherwise great print on a great intermediate vinyl with air release. We lam it with Oracal 210 gloss or matte and it works great. No problems.

This is exactly what we do also. No problems so far with mixing the Oracal Lam on top of the 3M product. We uses this combo for everything from laptop skins to interior displays.