• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Release Material

ScottyAdams

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a CAST air release vinyl material to be used for an outdoor garden art piece. Its going to be 3'9" x 3' laminated and applied to Dibond. Any suggestions?

mudmedia

3m180 or cv3? If your looking for anything cheaper you can look into ij i think its 160 or 140 and see if they are cast but I think the 140 is Calendared? Maybe someone can fill me in as well.

IronHawk

Agreed on the 3m IJ180CV3-10. I have used it for all of our jobs requiring air release adhesive until recently when we have added in some Arlon 6000XRP material for similar specs at a less expensive price point. What that point is, I don't know, but it is supposedly less expensive and we've had good results so far.

I would be interested in hearing what information anyone else has also.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why do you need air release for less then 12 square feet of flat dibond ??

You most certainly can put this down without the air release qualities..... can't you ??

2B

Why do you need air release for less then 12 square feet of flat dibond ??

You most certainly can put this down without the air release qualities..... can't you ??

thought the same thing, but wasn't worth the effort at the time to follow through with the extra typing