• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Tubes HP L25500

rlmercer

Hey Everyone,

We've had a lot of trouble in the last couple of weeks with our black/yellow printheads. The problem started at the end of a wrap print that was mostly a solid green print for a 20' box truck. We replaced both Y/K printheads and it worked fine...briefly. So after it failed again, we replaced the printheads again. Same issue. The yellow continues to work fine, but the black is banding some kind of bad.

With that being said, from what I've read from various places it looks like there may be an issue with the air tubes. Are these easy to replace? How do I order them? Do I need to replace all of them at one time? If I do replace them, do I need to replace the printheads or cartridges along with it?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm a little in the dark when it comes to taking this thing apart.

Thanks!

peavey123

Air tubes? You mean the ink supply tubes? If those have a hole you'd think you could just fix the tube, but nope, you have to order the entire ink tube assembly which isn't cheap. We had one of the tiny tubes on the head get a slight puncture and we thought we could just have the little tube changed out, but no...was typical of HP to do such a thing. Good luck!

GP_Oz

First figure out if it is actually a ink supply station issue.
IS there actually air in the lines ?

I had one case that all symptoms lead us to believe it was an ISS issue and the black heads would die prematurely like 80ml to 200ml, but on inspection found the maintenance cart would not advance the webwipe. That left pooling on the WW and really only affected the black more than any other colour. Check the maint cart.

Also if its a FI tower issue I know you can use the l25500 FI towers to repair a L3000...so the reverse is possible, also the Lx850 FI towers are L3000 compatible. My point being, a FI tower kit for an LX850 is cheaper than a L3000 FI tower kit...which is waaaay cheaper than a L25500 ISS.