• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

airbrushed "wrap"

all_things_art

I did this last summer.....
This is for a customer who runs boat tours around a famous lighthouse here in Nova Scotia...completely airbrushed on all 4 sides, the roof top is made of wood and lexan and painted with one shot, the boat on the side is the customers own boat,there is vinyl lettering on the box sides and tailgate now that saids "Peggy's Cove boat tours" but I do not have any photos with the lettering

Attachments

• boat close up 2.jpg
    boat close up 2.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 103
  • light house top.jpg
    light house top.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 69
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 84
  • work in progress.jpg
    work in progress.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 72

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Really neat.

Do you do mostly wet on wet and did you use cardboard templates for the waves ??

all_things_art

Really neat.

Do you do mostly wet on wet and did you use cardboard templates for the waves ??

this job was painted with base so it wasn't wet on wet (base dries about a mintue after spraying) but all the rocks, water and sky was free hand ... the lighthouse I used tape and the boat I hand cut templates from a picture I took of the customers boat

all the artwork on the hawg hauler truck in the other thread was wet on wet using lettering enamels

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha..... I didn't realize that was your thread, also. Nice work there.

Base, we used to use lacquer for that kinda stuff and it dried in a few minutes, too.

GypsyGraphics

wow... the air brush work is beautiful!!!

it took me a second to pick up on the lighthouse top, from the side view...
but it looks like it's more obvious from the back... I LOVE IT!

did you consider, continue the lightouse structure alone in perf on the windows.

VERY CLEVER! :thumb:

all_things_art

wow... the air brush work is beautiful!!!

it took me a second to pick up on the lighthouse top, from the side view...
but it looks like it's more obvious from the back... I LOVE IT!

did you consider, continue the lightouse structure alone in perf on the windows.

VERY CLEVER! :thumb:

I did cover the back window with perf this year when it was in for a repair(snow plow driver clipped the front end) I wanted do the sides with perf ....but to tell ya the truth I didn't know if the police would give him hell about the side windows being covered, so we didn't bother

Craig Sjoquist

Awesome & very nice, like the light house prop on top great touch indeed.

A sign supply here has a airbrushed wrap on a van that has lasted 20
years just now starting to look of needed repair.