• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aircraft Dash Panel

rjssigns

Client stopped by with an aircraft dash panel and wants locations for all switches, knobs, and gauges lettered. By my count there are roughly a gazillion spots. I'm not worried about the layout. More concerned with the best process. Satin black with white lettering is his first choice.

Can the raw aluminum be treated then UV printed?
Powder coat then UV print?
Print on wrap vinyl, laminate with matte then apply? Do you even need laminate? He likes the 3M brushed metal look.
Print on matte lam, laminate with matte then apply to powder coated or painted surface?
Laser or CNC engrave?

Maybe I'm overthinking this because it's an airplane, I dunno.

Billct2

I have done a few. I used reverse edge print on matte lexan for one.
Printed decals with clear for another.
Of your options I think print on wrap vinyl and matte lam (applied to a painted surface) is a good and simple choice

rjssigns

I have done a few. I used reverse edge print on matte lexan for one.
Printed decals with clear for another.
Of your options I think print on wrap vinyl and matte lam (applied to a painted surface) is a good and simple choice

I'll go with printed wrap film with lam. I was overthinking things again. Thanks Bill!