Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airplane logos

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by GregT, Sep 20, 2010.

1. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

I have a customer who refinishes airplanes. He is asking me if I can supply all the decals and manufactures logos. He is willing to purchase the license and anything to go along with it.
    Does anyone know where I can find the "N" numbers and logos?
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    I would be surprised if there was an option besides contacting the manufacturers.

3. jzorn

jzorn Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Fond du Lac
    logos

I have seen piper and cessna logos. I can't find them here at home, but I just a google search. I found older cessna logos from the 50's up to the present.

4. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    All airplane logos? That's a lot of logos.

5. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

sorry to inform you, but the N numbers......would be a FONT!!!!!

6. JimJenson

JimJenson Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    The federal aircraft regulations for numbering are very specific about size, width, contrast, and spacing. I would suggest consulting someone who has a good understanding of the FAR's.

7. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I've done N numbers. There is no specific font.(in Nova Scotia) you must use a "bold san serif font". The size and location is spelled out in the FAA regs. Any small airport repair service should be able to show you the regs.

The logos for airplane companies are many and diverse. If you are more specific about which ones you are looking for I may be able to help. Model airplane sites are big on this stuff. You might look into a model plane forum.

8. PGSigns

PGSigns Active Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I have cut about ten sets of N numbers for a guy that sells helicopters and the only two sets that have cut that were close to the same were for two R-22's he sold. All the others were sized to the heli.
    Jimmy