• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Align and Distribute question

Dropout

Hi All

Corel Draw does a great job with the align and distribute function but as far as I can tell it only works when two shapes are overlapping. I quite often have to butt two shapes up to each other and can't figure out an easy way to do so.

Ideas anyone?

Dropout

CES020

Not sure I completely understand the question. From what I think you mean, you can turn snap to object on, grab one and bring it to the next until it snaps onto the other one.

If that's not what you're talking about, let me know. Can you show an example? Then I know we can help you.

V-ENGRAVE

First you have to select all object you want to align then perform appropriate function from pull down options, if all you want to do is align them.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Unfortunately there is no 'Spacing' function in Corel. If you want to butt two objects together bring up the Transformation dialog. Select on of the objects.

On the position tab of the Transformation dialog [the leftmost tab] uncheck 'Relative' and check the box that represents the side to be butted to the other object. Assume it's the right side for this example.

Copy the H [horizontal] coordinate for the right side of this object.

Select the other object.

Select the box representing the left side.

Paste the previously copied horizontal coordinate into the H text box.

Select 'Apply'.